What you need to know for the Day of Surgery:
- Please make sure to follow the instructions given to you by the Pre-Surgical Nurse, as well as the items on the checklist (See “Preparing for Surgery” section.)
- Arrive at least 60 minutes before your scheduled surgery time to allow for registration, and pre-operative preparations.
- When you arrive at Ridges Surgery Center you will check-in at the registration desk to verify personal data, insurance information, and pay your co-pay and/or deductible, if applicable.
- Bring a photo ID, insurance card, prescription card, and any other documentation and necessary payments. (Worker compensation cases must provide all claim information, including date of injury.)
- If you have an advanced directive, please bring a copy on the day of surgery. Your advanced directive will be placed in your medical records for a reference in the event of a transfer to an acute care facility.
- After checking in at our facility, you will be brought back to Pre-op where the nurse will do a health interview and prepare you for surgery. You and your family member or friend will stay in the room until it is time for your surgery. An anesthesiologist will discuss anesthesia with you and answer any questions. At the appropriate time you will be taken to the operating room. During surgery your family member or friend will stay in the waiting room and will rejoin you after your surgery.
- Please ask questions or communicate any concerns regarding your surgical procedure before heading back to the operating room.