Before My Surgery:
Our staff at Ridges Surgery Center will work with your surgeon’s office to get you pre-registered prior to your procedure date. If we have any questions, our Pre-Registration Department will contact you.
Your Pre-Surgical History and Physical Examination must be completed within 30 days of your scheduled surgery date. Please have your physician fax your results, including any xray images and lab work to us at 866-202-6724.
- One week before your surgery, you will receive a text or email with a link to a patient information form. This form will help us prepare your chart and contains instructions for you to follow prior to surgery.
- 2 business days before your surgery, you will receive a text message with your arrival time for surgery. Please be sure to respond to this message with a “yes” confirmation. If you do not have a mobile number, a nurse will call you.
- 1 day before your surgery or procedure, you will receive a text reminder about eating and drinking restrictions to follow.
If you have additional questions please call us at 952-658-8000 between 8am to 5pm.
Food and Drink:
Unless directed by your surgeon, please do not take: aspirin, NSAIDS like Advil, Aleve, ibuprofen, Coumadin or oral hypoglycemic medication for diabetes.
Adults and children over 2 years:
- No solid foods 8 hours before surgery. (This includes chewing gum)
- You may have small sips of water up to two hours prior to surgery time.
Consult with your physician regarding taking any insulin or any medications. Oral medications may be taken with a small sip of water on the morning of your surgery.
Children less than 2 years:
- No solid foods or formula 8 hours before surgery. May have breast milk 4 hours before surgery.
- May have small sips of water up to two hours prior to surgery time.
Consult your physician regarding taking any medications. Oral medications may be taken with a small sip of water on the morning of surgery.
Alcohol, Smoking, Nicotine Products:
Do not drink alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to surgery.
No Tobacco, No Smoking, No Nicotine 24 hours prior to surgery. (This includes chewing tobacco, nicotine gum, e-cig, etc.)
Please shower the night before surgery or in the morning.
Please brush your teeth the morning of surgery.
Please bring any glasses or hearing aids.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Artificial Nails, Jewelry (including body jewelry), Contact Lenses:
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Perfume, Cologne, Lotions, Hair Products:
Please do not use.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Photo ID, Insurance cards, Prescription card, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, phone numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have a responsible adult drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Responsible Adult: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver over the age of 18 MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be at the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If you or your family/friend cannot read, speak English or use sign language, a qualified interpreter free of charge will be provided in order to provide meaningful access and effective communication.